Hisense 10 year screen burn warranty
Terms and Conditions
This 10-year screen burn warranty promotion is in addition to our normal Manufacturer’s Warranty terms. Hisense normal terms and conditions are set out on our warranty card and available on our website are not affected by this promotion. These additional terms and conditions only apply to customers who have registered for the 10-year screen burn warranty:
CONDITIONS OF THE 10 YEAR SCREEN BURN WARRANTY:
1. The Warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser of the product within mainland UK and cannot be transferred. No alternative will be offered.
2. In order to benefit from your 10-Year Screen Burn Warranty you must complete the Online registration within 90 days of purchasing a qualifying TV. Register your product and personal details (name and address) online through the Hisense registration website (hisensetv.warrantyonline.co.uk) or over the phone (03330 436697). The registration process may require an image of the invoice/receipt and must include the valid serial number of the device. No warranty repair service will be provided without this completed registration.
3. The 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty applies only in respect of screen burn on your TV, where an image has become “burnt-on” regardless of the content you are watching. Your standard warranty period for other parts is not affected.
4. The warranty covers qualifying products used in a normal domestic environment only with accidental or unintentionally caused screen burn cases. Commercial use in any application would make the warranty invalid.
Commercial use examples may include but are not limited to:
4a. Any commercial use of continuous or intentional long-term display of Rolling News “tickers”, 4:3 pictures or video content displaying permanent black bars, static or fixed images such as clocks, timers, timetables or menus.
4b. Any commercial use for profit or financial gain, public display or events such as shops, bars, dining establishments and offices.
5. The warranty only applies to individual end users and not companies, retailers or organisations for resale or commercial type use.
6. The warranty only applies to screen burn where an image has become “burnt-on” to the screen and remains present regardless of the media displayed by the user
7. The method of service and operating conditions will be as described in the original warranty statement provided with the Hisense Product.
8. The standard warranty terms and conditions (as set out in the warranty card provided with your product) will not be affected by this promotion, and in the event that you wish to claim in respect of any other issues or defects with your product (other than screen burn), please follow the process set out in your warranty card.
9. The promotion covers the following models that have been available from retailers from the listed dates:
Qualifying Models (available from 01/05/2020):
10. This promotional offer only applies where you have purchased your product from selected retailers in the UK.
11. When warranty service involves the exchange of a product or part, subject to applicable law, the item replaced becomes the property of Hisense. The replacement may be a new or repaired item. The replacement item assumes the remaining warranty period of the original product. This promotional offer is only available to End User consumers and not, for the avoidance of doubt, to any company or organisation who has purchased for the purpose of resale or for commercial use.
12. In order to benefit from the 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
CLAIM(S) FOR WARRANTY SERVICE / TECHNICAL SUPPORT UNDER THE 10 YEAR SCREEN BURN WARRANTY
To obtain warranty service:
• Contact the Hisense Support hotline on UK: 0333 800 2020
• Provide the model and serial number.
• Provide a clear fault description and carry out any diagnostics if advised.
• Comply with any reasonable instructions from Hisense or an Authorised Service Centre to allow you to receive the warranty service.
• Provide proof of purchase to an engineer for validation
• Provide photographic evidence if needed or requested
1. Services performed by Hisense in rectifying damage or defect caused as a result of any excluded conditions shall be subject to additional charges for transportation, parts and labour. The 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty is not available to you if the product you present for exchange:
• Has been used for any purpose other than normal domestic use (such as a commercial or industrial setting or environment as described above)
• The product has been damaged, defaced or adjusted beyond repair. Or the product is in need of a repair not covered under warranty service.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, warranty service does not include repair of damages or issues caused by one or multiple of the following factors:
• Maintenance undertaken by anyone other than Hisense or a Service provider authorised by Hisense.
• Misuse of the Product or accidents that befall it (to include without limitation failure at following instructions outlined in the user manual)
• Physical damage caused by the user.
• Use in an unsuitable environment, physical or operating
• Operation of a product beyond the limit of its duty cycle
• Changes made through modification or the use of attachments
• Products, parts, material, components, software, or interfaces not furnished by Hisense
2. Hisense makes no representation or guarantee that the Hisense product(s) will operate uninterrupted or error free. Hisense will only provide the 10 Year Screen Burn Warranty in mainland UK. Hisense is not responsible for paying any travel or delivery costs where the product is located outside mainland UK.
NEITHER HISENSE NOR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS MAKES ANY OTHER WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, LEGAL OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S), AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HISENSE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED, LEGAL OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR, GENERAL OR NORMAL PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, DURABILITY AND WARRANTIES AGAINST LATENT DEFECTS.
1. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion.
2. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
3. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claim(s) including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, and other relevant details of an entrant or claimant and/or the verification as to their qualifying purchase.
6. This promotional offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other similar Hisense Uk Ltd promotion(s).
7. Hisense UK Ltd reserves the right to amend the promotion in whole or part without prior notice or compensation.
8. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.