Competition Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
The following Terms stipulated herein for ruling the competition held by company number: 08233694 (the “Hisense”) (hereinafter to the “Competition”). By Entering this Competition, you hereby acknowledge and agree the following terms and conditions hereunder.
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND AN INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE. ELIGIBILITY: CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO PEOPLE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION OF THEIR RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER) AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By participating in the promotion, you are providing your information to Hisense., not to Instagram or Twitter.
THIS COMPETITION IS VOID AB INITIO WHERE NOT COMPLIED WITH TERMS HEREUNDER.
Entrant/winner may not:
a) sell, offer for sale, offer at auctions, resell, donate the Prize (defined in Article 6 of this Terms);
b) act as commercial commodity agent/distributor for any third party;
c) provide a Prize to individuals who have been banned from attending the Competition by Hisense Sports;
d) conduct any of the above achieves on a regular and/or continuing basis; or
e) otherwise transfer a Prize in any way without the specific prior written consent of the Prize Sponsor.
a) be responsible for the use of the Prize and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, indemnifies and holds harmless Prize Sponsor from and against any and all claims, costs, damages and liabilities suffered and/or incurred in connection with, arising out of or resulting from: (i) the misuse of a Prize; or (ii) the misuse of a Prize by any other third party which has obtained, directly or indirectly, a Prize through the Prize winner; or
(iii) a violation of any of the relevant laws, by-laws, regulations, ordinances of, or instructions.
b) amongst other things, take full financial responsibility and pay for any damage, including legal costs that the Prize Sponsor may incur, in managing or resolving the problems caused by the violation by the entrant/prize winner.
1. These Terms are entered into by Hisense and entrants.
2. By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and to have agreed to be bound by them. If the entrant does not agree with any of these Terms, they should not enter the Competition.
3. The Competition will run from Saturday 16th May and closes at 23:59:59 on Thursday 21st May. Entries received after this time will not be valid for entry into the Competition. Entries or claims that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid.
4.1 Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
4.2 The Competition and its prize(s) are open and available to those aged [18 years or over], excluding employees Hisense and their immediate families, or affiliated agents or anyone professionally associated with the Competition.
4.3 Entrants must be [eighteen (18)] years old and over. Proof of identification and age may be required at the request of Hisense. If under the age of [eighteen (18)], the entrant cannot participate in the Competition. If an entrant under the age of [eighteen (18)] enters the Competition, the entry will be void ab initio. If a person above the age of [eighteen (18)] enters the Competition on behalf of a person below the age of [eighteen (18)], they will be deemed
to be the individual participating in the Competition.
4.4 By entering, the winners agree to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably
required by Hisense with no recompense. Further Hisense reserves the right to use the names and
counties of winners in any publicity relating to the Competition.
4.5 [No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition].
5. Method of Entry:
2. The Contest begins on Saturday 16th May 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 pm BST on Thursday 21st May 2020 (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Contest.
Entrants may nominate their ‘Miracle Worker’ (“Nominee”) for a chance to win a prize during the Promotion Period via Instagram and Twitter as follows:
(i) Follow Hisense Sports on Instagram or Instagram (@HisenseSports) if you do not already.
(ii) Comment and tag on Instagram or Twitter describing how their nominee is a real ‘Miracle Worker’ during the current health crisis containing the hashtag #MiracleWorker. Do NOT include any comment/content other than your comment with the hashtag ‘#MiracleWorker” in your post..
You should only nominate your chosen ‘Miracle work’ figure if you believe that they would welcome being recognized and receiving a prize from Sponsor.
The Entrant him/herself is NOT eligible to win a prize in the Contest: only the Nominee addressed in the Entrant’s comment may win a prize.
BY SUBMITTING A COMMENT UNDER THE POST ALONG WITH THE HASHTAG #MIRACLEWORKER, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A COMMENT WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Your comment along with the hashtag #MiracleWorker will constitute your entry for Nominee into this Contest (“Entry”).
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., Tagging your nominated Miracle Worker without the hashtag #MiracleWorker will NOT BE ACCEPTED AS CONTEST ENTRIES. If your Instagram or Twitter account is set to “private,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @HisenseSport’s timeline and, thus, may not be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit @HisenseSports to see your Instagram or Twitter updates.
Entry must be created for the sole purpose of this Contest (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU MUST OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN). Except for the full name of the Nominee Do NOT include personal information (e.g., your name, e-mail address or phone numbers or of the Nominee) in the Entry itself; if Entry contains personal information, it is your sole responsibility to remove all such personal information from the comment for the Contest. The comment must comply with these Official Rules in all respects, including without limitation, the Content Guidelines below.
To be eligible for the Contest, comments must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth on Instagram and Twitter, such requirements being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.
Different entrants may nominate the same Nominee; but a Nominee can win a maximum of one (1) prize. The number of entries nominating a Nominee, in and of itself, will have no effect on the outcome of the Contest; however, in determining the winning Nominees, Sponsor/Administrator will consider collectively all entries nominating a given Nominee. No group/club/business/organization may be an Entrant or Nominee. No joint entries; a single individual must be identified as the Nominee and a single individual must be identified as the entrant submitting an Entry. For the avoidance of doubt an entrant cannot nominate him/herself as the Nominee: self-nominations are NOT allowed. Contest Entry may not promote any cause, be it religious, political, corporate, charitable or otherwise, other than the Nominee him/herself except solely as it relates to Nominee’s activities/efforts during the current health crisis.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple entries and/or mass entry attempts in violation of the preceding limits may result in disqualification of all entries by such person/email address/Instagram/Twitter account. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the Entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries include those entries which do not include the hashtag #MiracleWorker. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
You may only use one (1) Instagram account or Twitter account to participate in the Contest. All entries must comply with the applicable policies of Instagram & Twitter available at the Instagram & Twitter Web Sites/platforms
If you opt to access Instagram or Twitter via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your network carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
3. Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules; any comment must comply with the following guidelines (“Content Guidelines”). Any comment that Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, determines is in violation of any Content Guideline will be disqualified from the Contest (even if comment is not thereafter deleted by Sponsor with approval of Instagram/Twitter). Each Entry must not:
• Contain content, image(s) or material (visual or audio) that violates or infringes any third-party rights of any kind (be it of Nominee or anyone else), including without limitation, any third party privacy, publicity, trade secret and/or intellectual property rights, including third party registered and/or common law copyrights and trademarks;
• Disparage Sponsor, Bernardo Silva (or any other person who endorses their products), Administrator, any other person or entity affiliated with the Contest or products, services or entities that are competitive with any of the foregoing;
• Contain brand names, trademarks or logos of any third party other than those owned by or licensed to Sponsor subject to the comment complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules (including these Content Guidelines); entrant has a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to use Sponsor’s trademarks (as the case may be) solely and only to incorporate them in his/her comment submitted in this Contest*;
• Contain content, images, artwork or other creative elements not created by and original to entrant;
• Contain content, images or other material that is misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• Contain content, images or other material that reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or any other controlled substances);
• Misrepresent, misstate or exaggerate the conduct of Nominee during the current health crisis;
• Contain content, images or other material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal or state laws or regulations;
• Have been previously submitted in a promotion of any kind, or published, posted, exhibited or displayed publicly for commercial use by any means and in any form or media.
FOR ALL COMMENTS POSTED, THESE REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SUCH POSTED CONTENT.
6. Judging/Selection of Winners/Notification: Judging will be conducted in three stages. Initial judging will be conducted on a “rolling basis,” as eligible entries are received by Administrator. All phases of judging will be conducted in accordance with the judging criteria below. Administrator will forward approximately the top thirty (30) entries to Sponsor who will select the top ten (10) entries with the top three (3) entries (“Winning Entry”, collectively “Winning Entries”) being selected by Bernardo Silva (subject to his availability; if Mr. Silva is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor may replace him with another judge of its sole choosing without liability or notice of any kind.). The judging criteria consists of: (a) Extent to which miracle worker nominee is inspirational (33%); (b) Amount of character shown by nominee in light of the health crisis (33%); and (c) Overall alignment of story of miracle worker nominee with Sponsor’s brand (34%). Subject to the terms herein, the Nominees identified in the three (3) highest scored Entries will be considered potential Contest Winners. (If validity of one of the three  highest scored Entries is confirmed by Administrator, a Grand Prize will be awarded to the Nominee identified in such Winning Entry. For the avoidance of doubt, entries which advanced past the initial phase of judging but were not among the highest scored Entries are not Winning Entries.) In the event of a tie, the Entry from among all such tied entries with the higher/highest score in the “Amount of character shown by Miracle worker figure in light of the health crisis” criterion will be considered the potential Grand Prize Winning Entry.
Entrant who nominated potentially winning Nominee will be contacted by direct message from Sponsor’s Instagram or Twitter account to the potential winning entrant’s comment on Instagram and Twitter. The comment will request that entrant who nominated potentially winning Nominee email the Administrator at the specified email address with the email address and perhaps other specific personal information (ex: full name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc.) of potentially winning Nominee. It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram and Twitter notifications settings are turned on and your Instagram/Twitter account is not set to “protected mode,” or “private.” Sponsor and Administrator expressly disclaim any and all liability due to inability to contact entrant who nominated potentially winning Nominee because of such entrant’s Instagram privacy settings. Entrant who nominated potentially winning Nominee must respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification of entry. Potentially winning Nominee will be required to sign and return within twenty-four (24) hours, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law; and, Entrant who nominated potentially winning Nominee may also be required to sign/return an Affidavit/Release within such time period (“Winner Documents”). If potential Grand Prize winning Nominee cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, if potential Grand Prize winning Nominee does not accept the prize for any reason or if Entrant who nominated potential Grand Prize winning Nominee fails to sign/return any required Affidavit/Release, the Grand Prize may be forfeited and potential Grand Prize winning Nominee may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Grand Prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring Entry.
NOMINEE MUST BE VERIFIED AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER BEFORE RECEIVING A GRAND PRIZE. IF NOMINEE IS NOT VERIFIED AS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER, THE POTENTIAL WINNING GRAND PRIZE ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE POTENTIAL WINNING NOMINEE (OR TO THE ENTRANT WHO SUBMITTED AN ENTRY NOMINATING SUCH NOMINEE) UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, EVEN THOUGH THE NOMINEE (AS WELL AS THE ENTRANT WHO SUBMITTED AN ENTRY NOMINATING SUCH NOMINEE) HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT SUCH NOMINEE IS A POTENTIAL WINNER IN THE CONTEST.
Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right, without liability of any kind, to award fewer than three (3) Grand Prizes to Nominees. The preceding includes but is not limited to prizes not being awarded for any reason after verification of Nominee.
Prizes and Value: Grand Prize (3 winners): Each Grand Prize winning Nominee will be given the choice to receive one (1) Hisense 55inch U7B, 4K Ultra HD LED WiFi Smart TV (RRP £479.00) OR one (1) Hisense Pure flat RQ563N4AI1 Fridge Freezer (RRP £579.00)
♦Winner is solely responsible for (a) installation of Smart TV or Fridge Freezer and (b) any and all required software, hardware, network connections and all other electronic equipment necessary to use the Smart TV or Fridge Freezer.
Should winning Nominee decline any element of the Grand Prize, Sponsor’s liability shall be limited to award of the remaining elements of the Grand Prize and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded.
Actual elements of Grand Prize may differ from images of same in Sweepstakes advertising, with Sponsor disclaiming any and all liability in conjunction therewith.
For avoidance of doubt the entrant who nominated winning Nominee will not receive a prize or other benefit of any kind.
All applicable local taxes as well as any and all unspecified expenses in conjunction acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winning Nominee.
Winners are not entitled to exchange or transfer prize or to obtain cash or other substitutes. But, in the unlikely event any element of prize is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize element of equal or greater value as such prize element Prize will only be delivered to a registered street address Limit of one (1) prize per person/household.
THE AWARDED PRIZES IS COVERED BY SPONSOR’S WARRANTY WITH SUCH WARRANTY BEING EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ITS TERMS.
6. Conditions and Limitations of Liability:
By participating in this Contest, Entrants/Nominees agree to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, as well as Twitter & Facebook, Inc., and Mr. Bernardo Silva personally (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the Grand Prize (for Nominee, if applicable). By participating, Entrants/Nominees also authorize the Sponsor and its designees to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information (for Nominee, if applicable), biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising and/or promotional material or on a winners’ list (for Nominee, if applicable) without compensation to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at their sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Contest in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software (this includes but is not limited to filtering or other operation of the technology of Instagram or Twitter which impedes or interferes with the offering/administration of the Contest.) The foregoing also includes any malfunction/error/failure deemed by Sponsor/Administrator in the sole discretion of either party to impact the availability or accessibility of comments submitted by entrants or the transmission or receipt of winner notification communications. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Contest and award the prizes from among all remaining eligible entries received as set forth in Rule 6 above or otherwise in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Contest will be posted on the Twitter and Instagram account of the Sponsor (@HisenseSports). No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of comments; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic comment or participation to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer or wireless mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Contest. Failure of Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons participating in the Contest as Entrants or Nominees further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE (INCLUDING MOBILE WEBSITES) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY VOID THE ENTRY ASSOCIATED WITH ORDISQUALIFY ANY PERSON MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT (IF AND AS APPLICABLE) AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
11. Winners’ List: For the names of the Grand Prize winning Nominees, email HisenseUK@csm.com , for receipt no later than 6/29/20.